Chinachem Group (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) is committed to protect your privacy and personal data, and comply with all the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This statement is intended to notify you of our privacy and practice including the purposes of collecting your personal data, how your personal data will be handled and used by us and to whom data access requests are to be addressed. We may update and change this statement from time to time. You are suggested to review this statement periodically to check for any updates and changes. Your continued use of this web site following the updates and changes shall conclusively be deemed to be your acceptance of them.
Security of Personal data
We will use our best endeavors to ensure that your personal data is maintained securely in our system and protected against unauthorised access or processing. However, there is still risk of interception or disclosure for transmission of data over the Internet. We cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of transmission of your personal information to us and will not be responsible for any interception or disclosure of your personal information in transmission.
Collection of Personal Data
In order to provide you with better user experience and customisable and personalised services, “cookies” may be created and saved on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are automatically created and stored on your web browser in your computer which can be retrieved by this web site. Cookies will store information about your site preferences, navigation pattern, your login name, etc and be used to track visits to our web site but will not contain any information about your name, address, telephone number or any similar information that will enable any person to contact you by email, telephone or other means. You can at any time disable cookies in your web browser. However, by disabling cookies, you will be unable to use some of the features of our web site.
When using this web site, you may be asked to provide us with your personal information including your name, address, email, telephone number and other personal particulars in order for us to carry out and provide our various services and deliver information which we believe you may have interest in to you. Provision of your personal information in entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services and deliver useful information to you.
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and comply with all legal requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region with respect to the retention of personal data.
Purposes of Collection information collected for one or more of the following purposes:
- To administer and further develop this web site;
- To analyse site usage and navigation patterns of users;
- To compile statistics about use of this web site and information of users;
- To identify users and prepare contact lists for communication with users;
- To understand users’ needs in order to provide better services;
- To market and promote services and products of Chinachem Group, business partners and other selected companies;
- To deliver information and materials to users that we believe they may have interest in, including promotional and marketing materials, information of new services and products and newsletters;
- To follow up on and respond to comments, requests and other messages submitted by users to Chinachem Group;
- To contact users in relation to administrative issues and use of this web site;
- To fulfil other directly related purposes.
In case you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional information or materials, you will always be provided with an opportunity to opt-out.
We may match or compare your personal information with data held or hereafter obtained for the purposes mentioned above or different purposes by us or any third party in Hong Kong or overseas when we deem it is necessary. By accessing this web site and any of its pages, you consent to this matching procedure.